Hello! I just wanted to take a minute to share two fun, encouraging and totally unrelated things with you! :)
First up is probably one of the best messages on parenting I have ever heard - and it's only 12 minutes long! I've been blessed to have been able to receive wonderful, godly advice from my own Mom, from friends who have kids older than mine, from good books and from wonderful sermons I've heard and this video is right up there at the top of my list of favorites! It is something that I watch over and over again to give myself a good reminder of what really matters in parenting, what's really going to make a difference in my children's life. It's a quick little Mother's Day Video that Beth Moore put on her blog a few years ago. You can watch it here. Enjoy!
The second is a great article I read about photographing your own kids. As a photographer and a Mom I sometimes have such a struggle with photographing my own kids. Most people think that just because you are a photographer and have a nice camera, that automatically means that you will have studio quality pictures of your children all the time. Well, it doesn't. I wish it did but usually one of two things happens in our house: either I don't feel like lugging my nice, big camera along with us or my kids are not into my fun photo-shoot idea as much as I am. Yes, I am sure you are shocked to learn that most photographer's children do not feel like dressing up, sitting perfectly still and smiling or gazing happily into their siblings eyes whenever their photographer mommy wants them to! So a lot of the time I just wind up discouraged and leaving the camera at home or saying we'll try on a different day or just waiting until my good friend and family photographer Robin Lieb is available (you can check our her site here by the way). But when I came across this article, I was so encouraged! It really helped me change my perspective on being a "photographer mom" and it reignited my love for photographing my own kids. So whether your a pro, an amateur or a Mom with a camera that hasn't been used in a while - check out this article and get shooting!
Thanks Crystal!! I'll check those out tomorrow morning I think!
ReplyDelete